Hello, friends! It passed without any fanfare, but Chasing My Sunshine turned a year old in February (how it’s grown since the first post!). I’ve decided that it’s time to take my posting schedule to twice a week. Mondays(ish) are still going to be my Travel Stories and some Travel Resources, but Thursdays(ish) are going to be focused on the lifestyle of a part time traveler.
This first installment is going to be full of links to have you armchair traveling or, even better, bringing a piece of travel into your life…while you’re stationary! So let’s get over this Thursday slump and get some good reading in.
Links for the Part Time Traveler
- This phrase gets tossed around a lot lately, but can you ACTUALLY leave the country if Donald Trump becomes president? Yes. And Kate has got the scoop for us. That’s one way to upgrade from part-time traveler, right?
- Do you open 1000 tabs when you’re surfing the web? Do people still say “surfing the web?” Regardless, i downloaded a Chrome extension that shows you cheap flights from your local airport. I’m obsessed.
- One of the reasons I can deal with being a part-time traveler is because there’s always something I can do for my blog. Audrey has some really straightforward ways to start a travel blog and not lose your mind!
- Befriending locals while traveling seems to be the way to have some freaking incredible experiences when you travel. Why not practice at home? Here are some awesome tips.
- I went to New Orleans in February and I am obsessed with all of the food. Kendall has a great series going on where she travels through baking, so luckily we can all travel to Louisiana if we make this crunch cake in our kitchens.
- I spend 90% of my time at home thinking about science. So when I saw this article potentially connecting wanderlust and science, I had to take a peek. Any thoughts?
- Okay, I’m such a sucker for personality quizzes. And this one tells you which wine is good for you. So when you’re cuddled up watching Olivia Pope, you can travel via your wineglass.
- Who doesn’t like looking at wedding photos? Now what if I told you my friend traveled to Rwanda and shot a straight up amazing batch of wedding photos? Yeah. Check them out!
- Have you ever thought of being a tour guide in your home country…or at all? This is a fairly long (but really good!) read on the art of tour guiding.
- Lastly, this is a Skillshare course that I’ve had the pleasure of working through lately. It’s called “How to be a Travel Blogger Even When You’re Not Traveling.” It’s full of great ideas to beat writer’s block if you can’t head out on a big trip for new material.
I’ll be back next Thursday with a really fun travel survey. Until then, get out there and chase what makes you happy!
- Any fun stories or links to share? I’d love to read ‘em!